Town of Poncha Springs
Public Notice Section
Monday, October 10th, 2016– 6:30 p.m.
Board of Trustees Special Meeting:
The Town of Poncha Springs Board of Trustees will hold a special meeting for a joint Public Hearing with the Planning and Zoning Committee on Monday October 10th, 2016 at 6:30 p.m.
Public Hearing: Major Subdivision – Crossroads Village
Monday, October 10th, 2016 – 6:30 p.m.
A Joint Public Hearing will be held at the Town of Poncha Springs Town Hall, 330 Burnett Ave., Poncha Springs, CO for review of the Preliminary Plat for a proposed Major Subdivision of an 11-acre lot owed by RMBC Properties and Cinda Riley to be divided into 46 lots. The subdivision is located on the west side of Poncha Springs on a vacant lot to the north of Hoover Circle and west of Evans Ave. The proposal would extend Alabama Street to the west connecting it with the north end of Hoover Circle; an alley will also be constructed to provide rear access to all proposed lots. A preliminary plat can be viewed at the Town Hall prior to the Public Hearing along with any additional information requested.
Contact Town Hall for information 719-539-6882
Regular Board of Trustee and Committee Meetings
for the Town of Poncha Springs
Special Meetings Scheduled on as needed basis.
Regular Meeting Times
• Planning & Zoning 2nd Monday of each month @ 6:30 PM
• Board of Trustees 4th Monday of each month @ 6:30 PM
• Maintenance & Utilities 3rd Wednesday of each month @ 5:30 p.m.
Reporting: 4th Monday of Each Month during Board Meeting
• Finance Committee: 4th Monday of each month @ 6:00 p.m.
• Personnel Committee As Announced
• Visitor’s Center As Announced
• Cemetery Committee As Announced
• Tree Committee: As Announced
All Meetings Are Open To The Public And Will Be Held At:
The Poncha Springs Town Hall
330 Burnett Ave.
Poncha Springs, Co 81242
Unless otherwise posted.
Town Of Poncha Springs
Municipal Water Restrictions
In order to conserve water and reduce the demand on the Town of Poncha Springs municipal water system the following water restrictions are in place, and will be enforced, April 1 – October 31 of every year, for users of the town’s municipal water:
Residences with an address ending in an odd number will be permitted to use municipal water for outside use on lawns, gardens, etc, on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday.
Residences with an address ending in an even number will be permitted to use municipal water for outside use on lawns, gardens, etc. on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
No outside watering will be allowed on Mondays.
Outside watering will be allowed ONLY between the hours of
6:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. on regularly scheduled watering days.
The town reserves the right to further restrict the use of the municipal water system for outside watering purposes. Persons that have the ability to water outside with their private wells or through use of the municipal ditch system are strongly encouraged to do so. Questions?? Call 539-6882
In an effort to maintain residents' use of Acequia Town ditch water the following rules have been established:
• Cuts in the ditch will be allowed at night only, and will be regulated by a sign up sheet that will rotate participants.
• Trash is a continuing problem in personal culverts, therefore, the minimum culvert size is 12”, which the Town will enforce, and any new culverts must be pre-approved by the Town.
• The ditch will be policed by citizens on weekends and holidays. There will be a list of volunteers to police the ditch every weekend that it is running.
• Violators will be verbally warned first, and then will receive a letter from the attorney if violations continue.
• On low water days, a schedule will be established and publicized. For example, Mondays this street will receive ditch water, on Tuesdays this street will receive ditch water, etc.
• During the daytime, obstructions in the ditch are only allowed to assist in pumping.
Report ditch problems to Poncha Springs Town Hall, 539-6882, during regular business hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
After hours, weekends, and holidays call 207-2293 to report any ditch problems. Please leave a phone number and someone will respond.
/s/Diana K. Heeney
“This institution is an equal opportunity provider, and employer.”
All meetings are being held at:
330 Burnett Ave.
Poncha Springs, CO 81242
unless otherwise posted
Diana K. Heeney Deputy Clerk email@example.com