Town of Poncha Springs Public Notice Section
Monday, March 10, 2014
The Town of Poncha Springs will draw names by lot for the
April 1, 2014 Election ballot positions.
330 Burnett Ave., Poncha Springs
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
TO THE ELECTORS of the Town of Poncha Springs, a Municipality in Chaffee County, Colorado
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a Regular Municipal Election will be held on
Tuesday, April 1, 2014. At this election three trustees for the Town of Poncha Springs Board of Trustees will be elected to serve four year term(s). All positions are at-large.
NOMINATION PETITIONS will be available
Monday, February 10, 2014
from the Town of Poncha Springs, Office of the Town Clerk, at 330 Burnett Ave., Poncha Springs, Colorado.
Nomination Petitions are to be returned to the Town Clerk, no later than
Friday, February 28, 2014 by 5:00 PM.
The office of the Town Clerk will be open Monday thru Friday (excluding holidays) from 8 am to 5 pm (closed 12-1 for lunch) until Election Day when the office of the Clerk will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For more information please call 719-539-6882
Qualifications for Office:
* US Citizen;
* Registered elector;
* At least eighteen years of age; and
* Resident of Poncha Springs for twelve consecutive months immediately preceding the date of election
~Diana K. Heeney Clerk/Treasurer
Regular Board of Trustee and Committee Meetings
for the Town of Poncha Springs
Have Been Established for the Year 2014.
Regular Meeting Times, Beginning January 1, 2014, will be as follows:
• Board of Trustees 4th Monday of Each Month @ 6:30 PM
• Planning & Zoning 2nd Monday of Each Month @ 6:30 PM
• Maintenance & Utilities Reporting: 4th Monday of Each Month during Board Meeting
• Finance Reporting: 4th Monday of Each Month during Board Meeting
• Personnel Committee As Announced
• Visitor’s Center As Announced
• Industrial Park As Announced
• Cemetery Committee As Announced
• Tree Committee: As Announced
All Meetings Are Open To The Public And Will Be Held At:
The Poncha Springs Town Hall
330 Burnett Ave.
Poncha Springs, Co 81242
Unless otherwise posted.
Town Of Poncha Springs
Municipal Water Restrictions
In order to conserve water and reduce the demand on the Town of Poncha Springs municipal water system the following water restrictions are in place, and will be enforced, April 1 – October 31 of every year, for users of the town’s municipal water:
Residences with an address ending in an odd number will be permitted to use municipal water for outside use on lawns, gardens, etc, on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday.
Residences with an address ending in an even number will be permitted to use municipal water for outside use on lawns, gardens, etc. on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
No outside watering will be allowed on Mondays.
Outside watering will be allowed ONLY between the hours of
6:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. on regularly scheduled watering days.
The town reserves the right to further restrict the use of the municipal water system for outside watering purposes. Persons that have the ability to water outside with their private wells or through use of the municipal ditch system are strongly encouraged to do so. Questions?? Call 539-6882
In an effort to maintain residents' use of Acequia Town ditch water the following rules have been established:
• Cuts in the ditch will be allowed at night only, and will be regulated by a sign up sheet that will rotate participants.
• Trash is a continuing problem in personal culverts, therefore, the minimum culvert size is 12”, which the Town will enforce, and any new culverts must be pre-approved by the Town.
• The ditch will be policed by citizens on weekends and holidays. There will be a list of volunteers to police the ditch every weekend that it is running.
• Violators will be verbally warned first, and then will receive a letter from the attorney if violations continue.
• On low water days, a schedule will be established and publicized. For example, Mondays this street will receive ditch water, on Tuesdays this street will receive ditch water, etc.
• During the daytime, obstructions in the ditch are only allowed to assist in pumping.
Report ditch problems to Poncha Springs Town Hall, 539-6882, during regular business hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
After hours, weekends, and holidays call 207-2293 to report any ditch problems. Please leave a phone number and someone will respond.
/s/Diana K. Heeney
“This institution is an equal opportunity provider, and employer.”
All meetings are being held at:
330 Burnett Ave.
Poncha Springs, CO 81242
unless otherwise posted
Diana K. Heeney Clerk/Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org